COVID-19 Update – Read about how we're doing our part to keep everyone safe and for more information on the impact to your efficiency project. Read More
Charting 1,600 Clean Energy Projects in New Jersey

In an article published last week, the New Jersey Spotlight reported that the state has been spending approximately $1.3 million per month for energy efficiency improvements through the Direct Install Program.  The dots on the heat map below represent a company, business or individual who received a grant through the program.

Small businesses, schools and municipal facilities are all eligible for the program, providing their peak demand doesn’t exceed 150 kW per month.  Approved contractors for the program like Lime Energy, perform energy audits for eligible facilities and then recommend and install new equipment.  Direct Install grants cover 70% of the project cost and the customer is liable for the remaining 30%.  According to the Board of Public Utilities (BPU), clean energy measures last an average of 15 years and each dollar invested saves between $4 and $11.

According to the article, since its inception in 2009, the NJ Direct Install Program has paid approximately $50 million towards Energy Efficiency Upgrades and is the largest of nine energy efficiency programs targeted at industrial and commercial users. Lime Energy is proud to help the Direct Install Program bring energy efficiency solutions to New Jersey businesses and we congratulate them on their commitment to clean energy.


Read more at:

Click here to learn more about the NJ Direct Install program.

New Jersey Clean Energy Program: Direct Install Participating Contractor

Why Choose Lime Energy

Every six minutes, Lime helps a small business become energy efficient. Join the revolution.

Learn More
They Saw the Light

Lime Energy has saved business owners across the country more than $1.5 billion in energy costs. Find out how.

Learn More
Spotlight on Results

Learn how Lime Energy can reduce your energy costs, boost employee productivity and maximize customer comfort.

Learn More