Let Lime Energy Size Up Your HVAC System
Save Big on HVAC Costs
For many businesses, heating and cooling systems are their largest controllable energy drain, accounting for roughly 40 percent of annual energy bills. However, smart business owners are taking a proactive approach by focusing on cutting these costs without compromising comfort or productivity. Simple changes can help you save 30 percent or more on your heating, ventilation and air conditioning bills. Lime Energy has helped more than 125,000 businesses become more energy efficient and we’re ready to do the same for you.
Simple Steps, Major Rewards
Here are just some of the steps you can take to reduce your HVAC costs:
- Out with the old, in with the new. If your HVAC system is 12 years old or older, you could save up to 20 percent on your energy costs by replacing it. In 2006, the federal government increased the minimum cooling efficiency standard (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating or SEER) from 10 to 13 or higher. That means newer units are more efficient and cost-effective.
- Bigger is not always better. Did you know that at least 25 percent of rooftop HVAC units are too large? These oversized systems are inefficient and more costly to operate. At Lime Energy, we will analyze your needs and recommend the unit that’s the perfect fit. For maximum performance, we’ll provide a top-notch installation, including properly sized ducts that are sealed and well insulated.
- Opt for an economizer. An economizer can be invaluable for energy savings. When outside temperatures are colder than inside temperatures, an economizer pulls in fresh air from outside, reducing the need for energy-eating mechanical cooling. The result: You could save up to 30 percent in energy costs. Considering how much money you will save over time, the cost of economizers for rooftop units is well worth it.
- Lighten the load. A building’s heating and cooling use is called its load capacity. There are many ways to reduce your system’s load capacity and reduce the amount of heat entering your space, including: improving insulation, installing energy-efficient windows and lighting, using energy-efficient office equipment and controlling ventilation. Lime can help.
- Take control. Programmable thermostats, multiple cooling and heating zones and demand CO2 sensors are all strategies you can use to make sure systems are being used only when you need them.
- Maintain your cool (and warmth). Routine maintenance is key to maximizing performance and extending the life of your HVAC system. Money-saving steps include: scheduling seasonal tune-ups by a certified maintenance contractor, replacing air filters regularly, cleaning evaporator and condenser coils, inspecting ducts and piping for leaking or damaged insulation, and repairing old valves and steam traps.
Why Partner With Lime?
We know how to perform energy upgrades that will yield short-term and long-term benefits. Our process is turnkey. We start with a free energy audit to target the upgrades that make sense for you. Then, we provide top-quality equipment and the flawless installation your business deserves. Plus, we’ll identify any rebates and incentives and handle the pesky, time-consuming paperwork for savings and warranties. Ask us about financing options, too.
Case Study: Shell gas station
This 24-hour service station needed to drive down costs. Lime helped make that happen through an energy-efficient HVAC system and indoor and outdoor lighting upgrades. The results: $4,872 a year in energy savings
Learn How We Did It