This Policy applies only to information collected on websites that are directly linked to this Policy, and does not apply to information collected in other areas, whether online or offline. This Policy does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessed through links on the Site. You should review the privacy policies of any third-party websites to understand how those sites collect, use and disclose any information.
The Site is not intended for, or designed to attract, children under the age of 13, or to collect personal information from children. If a parent or guardian has reason to believe that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, the parent or guardian should contact us at email@example.com.
This Policy applies only to information collected on the Site directly linked to this Policy, and does not apply to information collected through applications on mobile or personal devices. For information on how we collect, use, and disclose data in mobile applications, please see the policies linked to those applications.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address and Location Information: When you use the Site, we may passively collect (that is, gather without you actively providing the information) your IP address and the location from which you are visiting the Site. We may aggregate this information with similar information provided by other users to produce analytics regarding the number of users visiting a site from a particular location, for instance. The data we collect will never contain, or be combined with, information that identifies you personally.
- Other Passive Information Collection: We and/or our service providers may use session and persistent cookies, web beacons, clear gifs, session IDs, successor tracker technology and other similar technologies as you navigate the Site. “Cookies,” for instance, are small text files placed on your Internet browser in order to perform functions like tracking your preferences and selections as you navigate the Site, showing you advertisements based on your interests, or gathering information about the technology you are using to access the Site. We passively collect this information to understand what areas of the Site are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us to update and improve the Site. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
HOW THE COMPANY MAY USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE
- Our Use: We may use your information to provide you with services related to your user experience. Your information may be used by the Site to provide notifications and messages to you (including information about our products or services). Except as otherwise stated, we may use information collected internally to operate the services described on the Site, to improve the Site, to customize the Site to your preferences, to communicate information to you, for research purposes and for any other purpose specified in this Policy. We may also use your information to display advertising on the Site to our advertisers’ target audiences. In addition, we may make full use of all information acquired through the Site that is not in personally identifiable form.
- Other Company Disclosures: We may disclose any of the information you provide:
- to contractors we use to support our business (such as hosting providers, technical support, web analytics and financial institutions), in which case we will require such third parties to agree to use it for the same purposes;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and subpoenas, where we believe in good faith that such response is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; and
- in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
We do not otherwise distribute to third parties your personally identifiable information. The Company, however, will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
- Usage Statistics, Aggregated Information and De-identified Information: We may aggregate any anonymized or de-identified information (including, without limitation, usage statistics, and location information) with information from other users of the Site. We may use or disclose such aggregated information for purposes of operating, modifying, improving, promoting or otherwise commercializing the Site or the aggregate data, but in no event shall such aggregated information include any personally identifying information.
CHOICES YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We do not collect any information that identifies you personally through the Site unless you voluntarily provide that information to us. If you have provided us with information identifying you personally and wish to correct, update or delete it from our records, please notify us of your wishes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where it is possible to do so, we will act on your request to amend or delete your personal information within a reasonable time.
If at any time you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional materials from us, please email us at email@example.com with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Please note that it may take up to 72 hours for us to process your request.
HOW THE COMPANY PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect the integrity of the information collected in our databases. We use both technical and procedural methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases, including the use of encryption and limited access to data. But you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free.
CONTACTING THIRD PARTIES
If you elect to contact any third parties identified on this Site, whether directly or through links on this Site, your choice to provide those parties with your personal information is solely at your discretion. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, any collection or use of your information by such third parties.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT THE COMPANY
THIS SITE’S RESPONSE TO BROWSER “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
This Site does not respond to pre-set browser “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms that provide users with choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information relating to online activities over time and across third-party websites.